So far, we have explored several aspects of software quality, and listed qualities of a good software quality monitoring solution.
Such an exciting topic is bound to trigger the imagination, and make you think “How would I build a tool doing just that?”
Well, we are excited about this, and we did much more than imagine such a tool to monitor software quality … I have a good feeling about this 😉
A solution to monitor software quality
We already know the prerequisites to efficiently monitor software quality.
“Have wide and focused views, based on actual engineering data, aggregated to rate quality at all levels”
We covered this in previous posts:
- Be able to address the big picture and the little details
- Use data from several silos
- Aggregate data to produce an overall software quality assessment
As important as these actions are, they can also be very time consuming, and even prone to user error if done manually.
To optimize them, we have developed a solution to handle everything:
- Get data of several silos and data formats
- Aggregate them in a unified data network
- Rate software quality based on proven industry KPIs
- Finally provide easy to navigate, role-based quality dashboards
All of this is packaged in a single tool from Vector, called “Squore”.
Having a good feeling
One of the main objectives of Squore is to provide all team members a good experience with software quality monitoring.
By removing the tedious part of software quality assessment, users can focus on the analysis and decision making part.
And Squore doesn’t stop at the boring part, and also gives a hand by providing :
- Project history navigation and trend analysis
- Project rating down to the smallest component
- Advanced filters and outlier detection alerts
- Justification/relaxation mechanisms
And spoiler alert, it looks like this:
Experience live software quality monitoring
To showcase Squore features and support our upcoming discussions on how to monitor software quality, we have decided to apply software quality analysis methods on open source projects from GitHub.
We will gradually explain what Squore does, and how to efficiently navigate its results and features.
It can be impressive at first, as new experiences can be.
But it is definitely going to be exciting! All you have to do now, is to click here
- Overall software quality #3: We’re gonna need bigger data
- Inside software quality #2: Break data silos, don’t get lost in translation
- Inside software quality #1: Big picture and little details
- Software quality is not a myth: Real examples
- Software quality #5: Winning as a team
- Software quality #4: Rating model
- Software quality #3: Powers explained
- Software quality #2: To the rescue!
- Software quality #1: The origin story